Saturday 5 September 2009

Currently I am not reading

Less Than Zero by Bret Easton Ellis. I was borrowed it by a friend who was of the opinion that I would enjoy it tremendously darling.

She didn’t quite say it like that as I do not currently, nor have I ever done, sexual relations with that woman. It’s the whole denial thing, every time I’m in a position of denial of think of Bill Clinton. Don’t know why, it just happens.

So a friend borrowed me the book, I don’t know anyone who says tremendously darling and I haven’t read it because when you get to my age [>35<45 if anyone’s interested] the life concerns, literature and music of the young tends to become a bit samey. Haven’t I heard that somewhere before. Oh yeah, me and pretty much everyone I knew lived through it. Now the zeitgeist fom the 30s was different. Same again for the 40s and 60s. But the 80s til now. Kind of walking the same path I’m afraid. Sex and drugs and lock and load, all my body needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment